How to Earn The Certificate
Certify Your Skills: How to Earn The Certificate
- To earn the The Certificate, you must take three WorkKeys® assessments:
Earn the NCRC Plus by taking the WorkKeys Talent assessment. The Talent assessment is not required to qualify for a National Career Readiness Certificate.
You may take the WorkKeys assessments at any ACT-licensed organization. Find a testing center near you.
- ACT recommends bringing the following materials to the test site:
- Two soft-lead (No. 2) pencils with erasers
- Watch (if you wish to pace yourself—you must not set the alarm on the watch during the assessment)
- Blue and/or black pens if also taking Listening and/or Writing or Business Writing
- Basic four-function calculator for Applied Mathematics
- Examinee ID (Use the same Examinee ID if you've taken previous WorkKeys assessments.)
Testing sites throughout the country may vary in the delivery method of the assessments—Internet vs. paper and pencil. Please contact your test site directly if you have any questions about what to bring.
- Once you receive your test scores, you must achieve the following levels on all three assessments in order to receive a National Career Readiness Certificate:
- Platinum—6 and above
- Gold—5 and above
- Silver—4 and above
- Bronze—3 and above
You can look up the WorkKeys scores needed by job title to identify the skill levels you'll need for occupations that interest you.
If you have not received your desired skill level on the WorkKeys assessments, sample tests and training options are available to help improve your test scores.
- If you have achieved a 3 or above on the three WorkKeys assessments, you are now eligible for The Certificate.