End-of-Year College Planning Checklist
The end of the school year means seniors are wrapping up college plans and juniors are kicking into high gear.
Following are items from ACT's college planning checklist for students.
- List, compare and visit colleges.
- Encourage your child to take the ACT® test.
- Compare college costs using ACT's Financial Aid Need Estimator.
- Learn about types and sources of financial aid.
- Discuss how much your family can contribute to college expenses.
- Visit the junior year college planning checklist for more college planning resources.
- If not already done, help your teen complete the FAFSA right away and submit it for financial aid consideration.
- Watch for the Student Aid Report (SAR), which should arrive by mail about four weeks after the FAFSA is filed.
- Visit colleges that have invited your student to enroll.
- Track important financial aid and scholarship deadlines, helping prepare and submit forms as needed.
- Compare financial aid packages offered by different schools.
- Help track and observe deadlines for submitting all required fees and paperwork to the school.