2013 Reality of College Readiness Report
This national report and the series of state reports trace the enrollment, retention, and transfer patterns of 2011 ACT-tested high school graduates. Among the findings:
- Many students who intend to go to college never enroll.
- Many students with the academic skills necessary to succeed in college enrolled in 2011 but were not enrolled at any institution in 2012.
- Many students delay enrollment in college for at least a year after high school graduation.
- Students whose interest patterns are consistent with their choice of academic program are more likely to re-enroll for a second year of college.
- The Reality of College Readiness 2013 (PDF; 12 pages, 955KB)
|Select a state to view its report:||Can't use the map?|