Job Profiling Training
Qualifications Required for Job Profilers
To become an authorized WorkKeys job profiler, an individual must successfully complete an intensive training program conducted by ACT’s industrial/organizational psychologists. This program consists of 6 weeks of guided self-study using materials provided by ACT and a 3.5-day training workshop. Individuals who participate in the training program must have qualifying knowledge and/or experience and submit an application.
Qualifications include the following:
- Individuals should have two to three years of experience with job analysis and other human resource issues (such as selection and training). Individuals with less experience and an advanced degree, such as a master’s degree or doctorate in human resources, industrial/organizational psychology, labor relations, management, or a related area, will be considered in some cases.
- Because job profiling requires working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and expertise, and eliciting accurate information from them about their jobs, applicants are expected to have successful experience working as group facilitators.
- All applicants must provide their own laptop computer and portable printer; they should have sufficient computer keyboarding skills to edit text material as they facilitate group discussions.
Job Profiling Training
The WorkKeys® Job Profiling Training program teaches individuals how to conduct the procedure used to determine the skills and skill levels necessary for job performance.
The training program consists of seven weeks of activities: six weeks of distance learning using the Internet and ACT’s proprietary SkillPro® software, and in the seventh week, a three-and-one-half-day onsite workshop.
Application and Registration Process
To apply for WorkKeys Job Profiling Training, scan and email your completed application form to ACT at: JPAnswers@act.org.
Register for a Workshop
Once your application is approved, please submit the following to ACT: (Must be received before the registration deadline.)
- Completed and signed SkillPro License Agreement* (Word, 4 pages)
- Completed and signed Workkeys Job Profiling Agreement* (Word, 5 pages)
- Payment (check, money order or purchase order) for $2,100 training fee (The annual SkillPro license fee of $1,600 will be billed after successful completion of training.)
*ACT must receive signed, original agreement documents. Faxes or scans are not accepted. Instructions for Completing Job Profiling Contracts (PDF, 2 pages)
These materials must be on file at ACT by the application deadline for the training session you wish to attend. For dates, locations, and application deadlines, see the current workshop schedule.
When considering applications, we look for experience with job analysis, facilitation skills, familiarity with federal regulations related to employment procedures, familiarity with Windows®-based software, and experience with developing and implementing training programs for business and industry.
If you have questions, please call 319.337.1724. Applications may be emailed to: JPAnswers@act.org.
Computer Resource Requirements
Trainees must have a laptop computer and portable printer that meet the specifications (PDF, 1 page) for running SkillPro software. You will need the computer to complete the distance learning assignments, to complete the three-and-one-half-day onsite workshop, and to conduct job profiling.
Four-hour refresher sessions are available for ACT-authorized job profilers who wish to update their understanding of job profiling and maintain their license agreement.